Juicy hamburgers, mouthwatering steaks, plump hot dogs, and succulent chicken along with many different vegetables can easily be prepared on a charcoal grill. Cooking on one often means a grand party where party givers can host amazing friends at their homes. It is not difficult to learn to cook on a grill, and there are all types of fun competitions that can be entered. Before searching the internet or heading to the nearest big-box store for a charcoal grill, learn what you need to look for in a grill; the benefits of charcoal grills along with popular choices.
Charcoal Grill Considerations
The charcoal grill should be big enough for all the food that you plan on cooking on it plus 0.5 inches on each side of every food item. Since many foods need to be held or finished over indirect heat, double the answer allowing the chef plenty of room. As a general rule, you need 72 square inches of grill space per person. The grill should have at least 12 inches of headspace between the rack and the lid when it is closed. Tight lids and dampers that open and close firmly are a must because the chef needs to be able to control the heat carefully. Heavy-duty grills will last a long time, but remember to budget for it.
Benefits of a Charcoal Grill
There are many different benefits to owning a charcoal grill. It is extremely easy to sear in a smoky flavor with a charcoal grill. Small grills are easy to transport to the park or the beach. These grills are usually cheaper than other alternatives on the market. You can find charcoal grills in a variety of styles and sizes.
Popular Charcoal Grills
There are three main types of charcoal grills. Kettle grills hold in the smoke extremely well providing a smokey flavor to the food. Ceramic grills help food stay juicy along with allowing chefs to control temperatures carefully. Finally, a barrel grill gives users juicy food along with smoky flavor.
Top 5 Routes for "Charcoal Grill"
- Amazing Ribs This page lists 10 popular grills giving the pros and cons of each. A focus is put on helping the buyer find the best value for their money when shopping for charcoal grills.
- The Spruce This article focuses on helping you find the best grill by focusing on many different types of grills. While many come from major companies, some of their choices come from smaller companies who are making outstanding charcoal grills.
- Business Insider This article does a great job of comparing cooking with gas and charcoal grills for those who are thinking about making the switch. It covers different types of cooking such as indirect and direct heat while making the comparison.
- Huffington Post This article does a great job of comparing cooking with gas and charcoal grills for those who are thinking about making the switch. It covers different types of cooking such as indirect and direct heat while making the comparison.
- Bon Appetit This article does a great job of showing you how to prepare over 80 recipes on a charcoal grill. It also has wonderful photos showing readers what the finished product will look like when cooked on a charcoal grill.
What is a Route?
A route is a gateway to learning. Routes.com's mission is to go beyond search results by curating summaries and top "routes" for today's most popular subjects. Learn More
Suggest a Route
Are we missing a subject you think should be given a route? Suggest a new route. Learn More
Become a routes.com contributor. Submit your route today! Learn More